POSITION REQUIREMENTS AND DETAILS
Vision Solution Software(C/C++) Development Lead EngineerApply Now
Samsung’s Digital Media Solutions Lab, located in Irvine, California, is currently recruiting world-class software engineers who share our “Innovation through passion” philosophy and thrive in a fast-paced, results-driven environment.
Imagine what you can accomplish in a growing R&D Lab of Samsung Electronics, the world’s largest IT company and leading innovator of the TV & content industry. If you have the talent and motivation we have the opportunity for you.
Our Software Group is looking for a Senior Software Engineer to develop vision software frameworks in Host machine & Cloud environment to provide services for Samsung Smart TVs.
- Develop framework code for Samsung Video Algorithm Development.
- Adopting video algorithms, which is going to be adopted in high-volume production of TVs, to framework code
- Prototype new ideas/technologies to create proof of concept and demos.
- Evaluate and recommend best software designs and architecture.
- Effectively communicate and support other global engineering teams.
- Availability to travel overseas & local for business trips, if needed (e.g. South Korea, Mexico and Other countries )
- Analyze video algorithms to accelerate it with GPU.
- BS in Computer Science
- Minimum 5+ years of experience in system level software development
- Solid C and C++ coding abilities (Note: Strong C++ skill is a MUST)
- Familiarity of Unix Utilities such as shell script, Make, Autoconf, CMake and so on…
- MS (or PhD) in Computer Science or Computer Engineering
- Familiar with Image Processing or Signal Processing
- Familiar with memory analysis & debugging tools
- Strong problem solving skills, fast, proactive, honest, and willing to take ownership
- Strong QT Skills without form designer or scripts
- Excellent communication and organizational skills
- Development experience in embedded software or
- Development experience using FFMPEG, codecs and open sources or
- Development experience with OpenGL ES 2.0/3.0 GLSL in Image Processing Project.
- Familiarity with Google or Amazon Cloud computing environment ( Docker )
- Multi lingual skill ( English and Korean or Spanish )
Keep going. There's more to see.
Everything you need to know about research and development of innovative technologies.
Our strength is our people. We assemble the smartest, most original thinkers and encourage great work with a collaborative environment.
We work closely with corporations and industry partnerships, and offer collaboration opportunities with top U.S. universities.