POSITION REQUIREMENTS AND DETAILS
Staff 1, Software EngineerApply Now
Samsung Research America Mobile Processor Innovation Lab, located in Richardson (suburb of Dallas), Texas, USA, is recruiting world-class professionals who share our passion for creating cutting-edge technology and services on a global scale.
The Division: Mobile Processor Innovation Lab, Samsung Research America
Mobile Processor Innovation (MPI) Lab, Samsung Research America, serves research and development needs for Mobile Communications Business of Samsung Electronics, which leads the global market with innovative technology and design, launching breakthrough products like the Galaxy S series and the Galaxy Note series of mobile phones. Our team works hard to create and develop next-generation technologies in the pursuit of continued success as the world’s number one handset provider.
Position Summary: Mobile Multimedia Software Engineer (Multiple), Mobile Processor Innovation Lab
As a Mobile Multimedia Software Engineer , you will be responsible for developing new user experience differentiation by bringing cutting edge camera, video, and computer vision technologies into flagship Samsung phones.
Specific experience in areas of mobile multimedia software development such as Android MM SW, camera drivers, image/video algorithm implementation, SW optimizations through multi-threading and Neon optimizations, and other embedded systems expertise is required.
- Work with algorithm engineers to understand new imaging/vision use cases and prototype them on current and future Samsung’s mobile platforms (Android)
- Work across software framework layers from lower levels (eg firmware) to mid / higher levels (such as CameraHAL or Android application) and across heterogeneous subsystems (eg CPU, ISP etc.)
- Develop drivers for HW components and write production quality code to support commercialization activities
- Develop efficient and user-friendly SW architecture and frameworks for heterogeneous multimedia processing and prototypes for various mobile AP’s supported by Samsung
- Write production quality software and support production commercialization
- Collaborate with various internal R&D groups to explore technical requirements and develop solutions to challenging engineering problems for next-generation mobile camera & vision applications
- BS/MS in Computer Science/Electrical Engineering/Computer Engineering or a similar technical degree.
- 3+ years of relevant experience in Android MM systems and system software development and/or driver development, Multimedia firmware development
- 1+ years of experience with Android CameraHAL and ability to write SW that works with live camera
- Hands-on experience with multimedia systems SW
- Hands-on experience with AP SoC development flow and SW architecture prototyping on early development platforms
- Hands-on experience in producing architecture/design specification and software productization
- Strong communication skills for effective interactions with senior business/R&D stakeholders as well as peer groups and team members
- Ability and flexibility to work with global teams, including international travel to support engineering work, is a requirement.
- Familiarity and experience with DSP or ARM Neon is preferred
Desired Skills and Experience:
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Experience in customer and technology partner engagement
- Ability and willingness to travel internationally
OPEN POSITIONS See All Current Openings
Staff Hardware Engineer
Sr. Staff Standards Engineer- Algorithms and Standards Research
Sr. Hardware Engineer- RF Design
Staff 1, Software Engineer
Sr. Standards Engineer- Algorithms and Standards Research
Sr. Mobile Imaging Engineer
Keep going. There's more to see.
Everything you need to know about research and development of innovative technologies.
Our strength is our people. We assemble the smartest, most original thinkers and encourage great work with a collaborative environment.
We work closely with corporations and industry partnerships, and offer collaboration opportunities with top U.S. universities.