POSITION REQUIREMENTS AND DETAILS
Competitive Benchmarking EngineerApply Now
Samsung – the world’s number one TV and cell phone maker – is now turning its eye toward sound. Loudspeakers used to be big and bulky; in the future they will be small, portable and able to connect to all your devices. Delivering high quality sound anywhere (in the home, outdoors and on the road) and connected to any source is our goal. We are building a world-class audio lab in Valencia, California. A place where the world’s leading audio engineers and researchers will design ground breaking products. If you’re an engineer with a love for music and movies we want to hear from you.
- Designing and running subjective research experiments for audio product evaluation and psychoacoustic research
- Programming of audio product evaluation tools for subjective experiments
- Statistical analysis of test results and data sets
- Acoustic measurements of a variety of products including speakers, televisions, soundbars, headphones, and mobile phones
- Assist in training and recruiting listeners to participate in experiments
- Bachelor’s Degree in a related field (e.g. Electrical Engineering, Computer Science, Music Technology, Statistics, Data Science)
- Knowledge of acoustics, psychoacoustics, and audio technologies
- 2+ years of experience with critical listening testing of loudspeakers and headphones
- Programming experience in C/C++, Python, Max, or Java
- Working knowledge of SQL databases
- Data analysis using R, SAS, Matlab or similar
- Ability to analyze experiment results using statistical methods (e.g. Anova, non-parametric analysis, regression analysis)
The qualified candidate will possess the following:
- A passion for audio, a trained ear, and a creative mind
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to create clear documentation even for the most detailed design concepts.
- An attention to detail. Always thinking: “How can I make this better?”
- A great team player able to assume any role from mentor to student.
Keep going. There's more to see.
Everything you need to know about research and development of innovative technologies.
Our strength is our people. We assemble the smartest, most original thinkers and encourage great work with a collaborative environment.
We work closely with corporations and industry partnerships, and offer collaboration opportunities with top U.S. universities.